Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Into The Nest


In my search for places to explore I stumbled upon a wonderful little place, long standing from the looks of it, called the Lauk's Nest in Alviso. Originally designed by Laukosargas Svarog, it was purchased and currently owned by Fallen Anansi who currently has a home in the prominant treehouse at the Nest. Upon porting in, I was greeted by a trio of critters that bear a striking resemblance to an Earthen Hippopatamus but, in fact, are called Pavarottimus. I kept my distance as, with their sharp tusks, they seemed rather territorial.


Around the waterhole I discovered something that I, at first, thought were simple and very detailed decorative colored flowers. You can see two of them behind the fountain in the above picture. My first impression was that someone had gone to alot of trouble to add some small details.

Then I learned that the flowers were no mere decorations. They attract bees. Bees which are attracted to the flowers and when they pollinate it cause the flower to change colors. Some plants I discovered where also carnivorous and would eat any bees they were able to lure to them. I was unable to find any bees but I was there just before sunset which might have contributed to the lack of pollinators. I was a bit bummed as, of course, I wanted to see not only how the ecosystem worked but how quickly the carnivorous plants could take in their prey.

As the sky darkened, I did get to see some of the other insects on the island called Globugs. Unfortunately, due to their size and speed, I was unable to capture one with the image device.

My real reason for coming was the mention I had found concerning ruins and a Mayan pyramid on the site. The search did not take long! The pyramid seems to be in good condition but, of course, well travelled upon at this point. There are two entrances which I could find into the pyramid, both fairly accesible. A few masks and samples of pottery still adorn the place as well as a small stone outbuilding. I am unsure how many excavations have been performed in the area but given the size of the site, I am sure there is more to be found here with the proper skills and equipment. Also when the find I mention later is taken into effect, this site becomes even more important. I've included one image of the pyramid taken with my ship's imaging device for archival purposes. I will also place the temple on my maps in order to see if any connections may be drawn to other temple sites in-world.


After spending considerable time around the pyramid, my explorations led me upwards to the massive treehouse which watches over the land of Lauk's Nest. Now, I ask you, who wouldn't want to live in a treehouse? Especially one such as this? The height of the tree brought to mind the titan trees of the Meusha Rainforest and their colonies of inhabitants. Below the main living quarters is a secondary level for socializing and which, I was pleased to see, contained a nice drum circle. As I was exploring, a visitor by the name of Lexomat Wunderle dropped in. The spontaneity of this world is one of its wonders and fairly soon afterwards I found my searchings pleasantly interrupted by a drumming session with him.





























The one true mystery I found at Lauk's Nest stood near the top of the island's peak. A circle of curved wooden branches encircled a central post. Atop the central post was mounted a white sphere and yet above that floated a misty globe with a small golden ring encircled within it. Greenish and silvery orbs floated in slow marching lines from the tips of the branches to the central pole of the circle. When stepped into, the affect is stunning. Harmonic chords, galactic and peaceful, thrum around you vibrating not only your flesh but your spirit as well. The overall effect is immediately peaceful and relaxing. Other then the restorative effects upon the person, I am unsure what its uses might be. I can only surmise that its close location to the pyramid is no mistake. I also noted that the eight curving branches which made up the circumference of the circle are similiar to the eight pointed stars found within the ruins of the Kharuvel forest. Is that similarity accidental or is this some long standing device left by the original inhabitants of not only the forest but those of Lauk's Nest pyramid? Perhaps it is a device created from information discovered at the pyramid or elsewhere? I was unable to contact Ms. Anansi for further questions but, like the pyramid, I have marked the location of the cannon upon my maps for further inquiry or connections.


No comments: