Sunday, January 20, 2008

Embodiments Redux

Here's a quick break from the Paradox Experiment series...

Over on my other blog I had started a series of posts called Embodiments which focused on cool avatars in-world which have caught my eye for either their beauty, their creativity, or both. I had been thinking of starting the series up again when, while running around Paragon City this morning, this fellow caught my eye. I was so impressed that I even actually called for him to come back so I could snap a quick pic.

What's fun about this avatar is that his character name was Rikti Diplomat. "So?" I hear you ask. The reason this is fun is because the Rikti are an interdimensional alien race that features prominently in the COH storyline. Currently, they are continuing to invade the place. To the right here is an image of some Rikti invaders that you fight in-game. They have names such as Rikti Mentallist, Rikti Gunman, and so on. Obviously, the name for this character said it all. I can only imagine the amount of pressure he must be feeling these days. Tough job.

Since I am currently on a character kick these days, I wanted to showcase the creativity and good job that went to this look and this idea. To top it all off with a big helping of whipped cream was that the player also knew how to RP and communicated in-character with the similar style of the species.

Thumbs up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for including the picture of my Rikti. For the record, he was Rikti Diplomat, speaking to your Katana scrapper, Coyote Kid. Thanks again!

Bry said...

ARgh!!! Thats what I get for not having my trusty notepad handy! I've edited the changes in the blog and I apologize for the error. Thanks for checking in and keep up the awesome!