Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year Re-Launch

Greetings and Happy New Year! Welcome to 2008!

It’s the new year and it’s time for a new look and a new take on things. Frontier’s Horizon originally started as a vehicle to journal and comment about my experiences in Second Life as well as other virtual worlds and to look at the phenomena of the same. I believe that there is something in the experience, something in the interaction of the virtual world and real. Something that is, in fact, positive, not negative as the media would have you believe.

That was the origin. As things go, of course, it morphed a bit. Along the way, it changed to a fictional chronicle of the good Captain Buchanan and moved away from the other. And then, Rusty wandered over to City of Heroes and somewhere things got lost. Unfortunately, the fictional work began to take its own toll on my ability to produce steady content as it pulled me a little further away from what I was originally intending to do. On top of that, I started an intense full time job which took large chunks of time away from my time to get writing done

I feel that over the past several months the blog lost much in its ability to be entertaining and useful. (This, of course, could have something to do with the utter lack of posts. *grin* ) I let several good posts go to the wayside in the pressure of continuing to tell the Captain’s story and, in a way, I let the cart lead the horse. I allowed things to get a bit muddy as to what EXACTLY I was trying to do with the vehicle.

So, to be a bit more succinct, this is a re-launch.

I've got some ideas that I want to try out as well as some new things to try out. For one, you will see two different authors on this site for now. (Possibly even more if I get some volunteers.) You'll still see Rusty posting his stories and comments. Who knows? They might even be entertaining? However, now, you'll also have me in there throwing out a different viewpoint as well. In fact, most of the posts from here on out will come from your truly.

And, do not despair, the stories will continue! And, in fact, there are several more characters coming on board! I am a huge fan of this stuff and its ability to be used as, if not a storytelling medium, then an inspiration for the same.

I hope you enjoy the switch over!

1 comment:

coyo said...

I look forward to seeing what you've got planned! ^_^