Friday, March 07, 2008

The Podcast! Episode 1 - Into the Fray

I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about this! This project has taken up a good chunk of my personal time the past two weeks. And I'm loving it!

Say hello to one of the new features of Frontier's Horizon! This is the first episode of a regularly occurring podcast with a character of my own creation, DJ Rust. I've got some ideas for this but for now, I'm just going to have some fun and play some music.

Episode 1 - Into the Fray

Music played this episode:
Liquid Loop - Monster
Marc Pattison - City of Zion
My Secret Life - Dancing on the Edge of the Earth
Universal Hall Pass - Dragonfly

In this episode, DJ Rust takes on the Atlas Park sewers... and thats about it. If I did everything right, you should also be able to subscribe to this podcast feed now by clicking on the little "subscribe in a reader" there to the left.


Let me know what you think and what you might want to hear for future episodes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edward Pearse said...

You've got spam here already? Nice.

Anyway. Loved the podcast. The music was good, though I'd like to hear a little more commentary for the next one. Maybe some insights into hero work or virtual worlds or the briefly mentioned virtual radio.

Looking forward to the next one.

Bry said...

Thanks for the comment and yes, it would appear the spam evil has found me! There will definitely be more commentary down the line. This was more of a test run and I'm thinking I should have made it episode 0 or something...

Anonymous said...

**GLAMOUR BOMB**

That's what I got, Wookyote (see what I did there?).

So I'm listening, and the segment just after the first song (as your team starts to fight in the sewers) I hear you go "oh!" and I can *hear* that you were getting beat down a bit. I laughed loud enough to get a look from a co-worker. I like the music, and you have a good speaking voice.

Ideas:
while I have no clue what the proper etiquette or legal protocols are that surround this idea, what about including in your podcast or on the blog links to where you found the songs used? Such exposure would probably be appreciated by the artists you are playing.

Love,
Chair Spinner

Bry said...

Thanks, Spinner! Yeah, I'll be tightening up the musical information on the next episode. I've got some other ideas too.

Now... just to find the time to get it all done!

Durn that time.