Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Crashsite and Hints of Things Underwater

Once the morning fog had lifted a curious sight greeted me a little further down the northern coast. It appeared at first that I was viewing one of the native's airships which had crashed at some point in the recent past. Gathering my items, I set out in that direction.

Walking along an oceanside ridge, crossing into Pinehouse county's northern neighbor, Powder Mill county, I could see that the craft had lost one of its wings in the impact against the ridge. Ootherwise, the device appeared to be undamaged. The bulk of it was supported by a metal scaffolding as if after the crash someone had come along and decided to not only put the vehicle back together but do so in a way that would maintain its original grounded orientation. This particular design of airship featured a long central body and enjoyed huge long wings which no doubt functioned much like an avian's in their ability to capture air and lift.

I was astounded to find that the reason for such a reconstruction was to create a home! Though no one appeared to greet my knocks upon the crafts metal door, I was able to wander around the premises and could see through the windows that the interior of the airship had been redesigned into what appeared to be a comfortable living space. A large deck had been built as part of the scaffolding's structure and what appeared to be a luxurious outdoor bathing area had been installed there. Climbing up a ramp, I discovered the architect had reinforced the airship's tail section so a native's version of a chaise lounge could be placed there. Placed as it was out over the ridge and facing the ocean, it awarded a spectacular view of the area. A fine place indeed to rest at the end of the day with a novel or a companion.

During this small exploration, I was contacted by Esmee Isabell who had constructed the fine frozen valley I had just passed through earlier. We spoke on several matters and I was pleased to find that, for the most part, I was correct in my assumptions of the place. I have been invited back there should I find my northward travel hampered and I look forward to a cup of tea with her in the near future.

However, the one startling bit of information gathered from my conversation with Ms. Isabell was that below the airship site it was rumored there were underwater caves. Now, this perked my ears indeed! Delight! It had been sometime since I had the good fortune of climbing into a dark and damp cave and I immediately grew excited.

Thanking Ms. Isabell for the information and cursing myself for not thinking of oceanside caves, I contacted the Albatross. I gave my position and word that my underwater equipment should be readied and delivered. I was thrilled! They returned that it would be a few hours to cross the barrier to my ship floating in outworld space and then get back. I would have some time to prepare. I travelled back southward, found a comfortable spot of ground, and have been penning this as I await my delivery.

No comments: